Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership Recommendation

I have been on a theme of examining the writings of John Maxwell over the last few days and figure I might as well continue that train of thought today.  My father is the man who has influenced my leadership the most, and he has spent years reading the materials that Mr. Maxwell puts out in print and online.  When I first started coaching back in 2011 he loaned me a book from his personal library.  That book was The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell.  This book had a profound effect on my coaching style and in turn my management and leadership styles now.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough.  As a teenager I was coaching kids in 5th and 6th grade. I knew I had to find a way to be their leader, and The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership gave me all the tools I needed to do just that.  With chapters of 12 pages or less and an overall length of 224 pages, this book is an easy read for anyone.  The short chapters and Mr. Maxwell’s writing style make it easy to understand and comprehend the lesson in each chapter.  He does not use an unnecessarily advanced vocabulary to prove his intelligence or talk down to the reader.  He writes in a way that makes it easy for anyone to connect to the material and feel energized that the results outlined are attainable for them.  Each chapter in this book includes a story from the real world that many people would be familiar with, and these stories and other anecdotes allow most of this book to read like a storybook while including a vast amount of information on leadership.

Whether you are a manager looking to become a leader or a coach looking to become a better leader this book is right for you.  Read it one chapter per day or read it all in one sitting, the choice is yours, but do make time to read this book, and the sooner the better.  This text can accelerate your growth from a manager to a coach and leader at any level in any organization.

If you are interested in this book I have included a link to The John Maxwell Company's store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dialogue is welcomed and encouraged, but anything the site owners deem to be inappropriate will be removed. Thank You.

chitika1