Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Power of Finishing Strong

As I have stated in my “About Me” page I am a senior graduating in May of this year.  As that date is quickly approaching it gave me a reason to stop and reflect on my past four years and what I have learned from all of it.   If there is one thing I have learned in the past four years, it is the power of finishing strong.  I have found that it can be easy or even relieving to coast to the finish line, but the problem with this is you can fall short without even knowing it.  In a track race, the runner does not stop and simply touch the tape; they finish as fast as possible and break the tape.  We should be doing the same thing in our lives, no matter what the goal is or how close we are to the finish line. 

With finals the only thing standing between me and a degree, I have found it necessary to still study to finish the semester out with the best grades that I can.  The reason for this is one finish line in life is simply the start of the next race or project.  Finishing strong helps propel you into the next stage and getting a jump on whatever comes next for you.  Finals are little more than a formality for me now, but I want to break the tape not just coast to the finish. 

Another important note about this is the fact that many times in life the last few days of a project are the most important.  When working to put on an event the last few hours before the event are the most hectic.  That is why you must finish strong, mailing it in right at the finish line does not bode well for the success of the project you are working on.  In a business setting, the last few days usually is when the little details are being finalized and ironed out and as we stated in the power of paying attention, the little details usually make all of the difference in a project.


So the next time you are about to finish a semester or a project, remember to break the tape by remembering the power of finishing strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dialogue is welcomed and encouraged, but anything the site owners deem to be inappropriate will be removed. Thank You.

chitika1